Saturday 9 October 2010

Pumpkins!

We went to Louisville after all today. Thankfully, Thomas came through with the truck, sparing us the need to make the trip in a 120 degree sweat-box. It was over 90 degrees outside and blazingly sunny. The plan was to carve the pumpkins outside but it was so hot that we couldn't bear it and wound up retreating to Jen's cool house.



I'm pretty pleased with the pumpkins though. Shakespeare is presently gracing our front door step, we left Tinkerbell and the grinning face with Jen and her family.



Yesterday, I made a ghost. Actually, it's a rather tragic attempt at a ghost and is mostly held together with sellotape and nails. I'm not really known for my DIY skills. But he's hanging outside too, in all his pathetic-ness. I refuse to take him down, it took me all of ten minutes to make him.



Okay, I'm tired now and I have nothing much that's interesting to say. I'll try to be more interesting tomorrow. For now, though, dinner and Mad Men with Susan. Can't even contemplate knitting, that's how exhausted I am. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment